In the second of our three Twilight related episodes, we discuss pregnancy tropes, tumors with teeth, and Deepa's favorite YouTube video. Sometimes pregnancy is not as simple as one egg and one sperm. Especially when that sperm is presumably made of rock. ...suspended in venom? If there's one thing we've figured out so far, it's that you shouldn't think too hard about the physiology behind the Cullen clan.
Resources, Citations, and Mentions:
- TV Tropes - Mystical Pregnancy, accessed June 2020
- Feminist Frequency - #5 The Mystical Pregnancy (Tropes vs. Women) (YouTube link, July 2011)
- The Most Ridiculous Mystical Pregnancies in Fiction by Katharine Trendacosta, io9 October 2013
- Movieclips - Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (4/9) Movie CLIP - I'm Late (2011) HD (YouTube link, November 2012)
- Movieclips - Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (5/9) Movie CLIP - He's Thirsty (2011) HD (YouTube link, November 2012)
- Stephanie Meyer Breaking Dawn FAQ: Vampires and pregnancy
- Radiopaedia - Mature cystic ovarian teratoma, Dr. Naim Qaqish and Assoc Prof Frank Gaillard, et al. Accessed July 2020.
- Radiopaedia - Immature ovarian teratoma, Dr. Daniel J Bell and Dr Alexandra Stanislavsky, et al. Accessed July 2020.
- Sahin, Hilal et al. “Mature cystic teratoma of the ovary: a cutting edge overview on imaging features.” Insights into imaging vol. 8,2 (2017): 227-241.
- Wikipedia - Clinical vampirism, accessed July 2020
- Deepa's favorite YouTube video: how is prangent formed (YouTube)
- Deepa: 1 out of 10 hyperechoic embryonic sacs for Bella's Swan's pregnancy, 8 out of 10 sunken cheek temporal wasting Kristen Stewarts for the makeup and CG effects
- Jen: 0.5 out of 10 styrofoam cups filled with blood for Bella Swan's pregnancy, 10 out of 10 for winning pregnancy trope bingo