In this episode, we talk about why you should just say no to dueling inside of an actively erupting volcano. At least not without proper protective equipment. (But preferably not all.) Our favorite (not) medical droids make another appearance and are still in dire need of a software update. Who's in charge here anyway? And where's a scrunchy when you need one?
- We recorded this episode back in 2018, which was when Kilauea erupted.
Resources, Citations, and Mentions:
- Duel between Anakin and ObiWan from Revenge of the Sith (YouTube link)
- What Does It Look Like When A Person Gets Struck By Lightning? - IFLScience
- Model Systems Knowledge Translation Center - Understanding a Burn Injury (Burns Factsheet)
- Mayo Clinc - Burns Overview, has a diagram of skin layer anatomy and brief overview of the different degrees of burns
- Mayo Clinic - Burns First Aid fact sheet
- Parkland Formula for Burns (MD Calc)
- CDC - Key Facts About Volcanic Eruptions (May 2018)
- Falling into lava would be a pretty hot mess by Alessandra Potenza, The Verge, May 2018
- American Thoracic Society - Volcanic Eruptions and Threats to Respiratory Health (2018, pdf), patient education sheet
- The documentary Jen mentioned was either "Please Let Me Die" (1974) or "Dax's Case" (1984), which are both about Dax Cowart.
- Wookieepedia - Bacta
- Deepa: 2 out of 5 tubes of Neosporin
- Jen: 3 out of 5 volcanoes
- The medical droids, once again, get their licenses revoked.