In this episode, we talk about medical licensing, but with magic! If you wanna be a healer, there are pre-reqs for that. And minimum NEWT scores to hit. Just how heroic is Madam Pomfrey's call schedule? And does the wizarding world's pharmaceutical industry have any kind of regulation?
This episode guest stars Jen's neighbor's leaf blower!
Also, are you pro or con Krebs cycle? Let us know @DocsWatchPod!
- We recorded this ep before the one on Harry Potter and concussions, which is what we were referencing at the end of the recording. But don't worry! We have plenty more thoughts on Harry Potter.
Resources, Citations, and Mentions:
- Harry Potter Wiki - Healer
- Krebs cycle - Wikipedia
- Harry Potter Wiki - Hospital Wing (of Hogwarts)
- Harry Potter Wiki - Healing Magic
- A Visit to St Mungo's from HP and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling, from the now sadly defunct Pottermore (Wayback Machine link)
- Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - classes currently offered at Ilvermorny (from their official Tumblr :D )
- Deepa: 15 out of 5 golden snitches
- Jen: for the quality of medical training, scant out of 5 for what's in the text, and 10 out of 2 Skele-gro patents for HP in general
Here's our version of what an Ilvermorny pre-med curriculum might look like. And also our proposed class schedules. What would your schedule look like?